Ofsted & Parent View
Leadeship and management: Outstanding
Behaviour and safety of pupils: Outstanding
Quality of teaching: Outstanding
Achievement of pupils: Outstanding
Sixth form provision: Outstanding
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
- The inspirational and outstanding leadership from the headteacher, senior leaders and managers has enabled the school to build on the many strengths identified at the previous inspection.
- The governing body is highly effective in challenging and supporting the senior leadership team because governors are very well informed and continuously involved in the daily life of the school.
- Leaders have revised the curriculum and successfully implemented their own systems to assess and record students’ achievements.
- There is a wide range of ability among the students but they all make excellent progress from their starting points, as a result of the individualised support they receive.
- The creative curriculum is a particular strength of the school’s work and offers opportunities for students to take part in a wide range of additional activities. The exceptionally high standard of performance of the school choir is one example of the many outstanding achievements of the students.
- Staff work in very close partnership with a range of therapists, outside agencies and the school nurse to ensure the very best care is taken of all students.
- Through every aspect of school life, the provision for students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is exemplary.
For the full report please use the link to the left of this page. You can also find our previous Ofsted report here.
Parent View gives you the chance to tell us what you think about our school. Please use the link to the left of this page to register and complete the questionnaire.